When you are experiencing the symptoms of a fever, the flu, GI issues or allergies, or you are just feeling off physically, please give this Lemonade Fast a try. It does wonders for allowing the body to heal while giving it enough nutrients to support the healing process.
How to Make Healing Lemonade
1. Cut one fresh lemon in half – always use fresh fruit
2. Juice ½ and store the other 1/2 in plastic wrap
3. Add ½ to ¾ tablespoon of pure maple syrup (make sure that it is 100% maple syrup)
4. Pinch of cayenne pepper (increases warmth, adds extra vitamin C and B-complex vitamins – optional)
Combine the lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper in a 300-500ml (10-16oz) glass and fill with purified water – it can be warm or cold.
Save Time by Making 1 Liter (1 Quart) in Advance
- 1 ½ lemons squeezed
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Cayenne pepper to your desired heat preference (optional)
- Fill the rest with water
Can I Drink or Eat Other Things When I’m on this Lemonade Fast?
You are always free to do what you want, but if you want the immune-boosting, cleansing effects of this simple and delicious remedy to heal your body, drink only this lemonade. In fact, drink as much and as often as you like. And when your cold, flu, GI issues or allergies lift, you are free to go back to eating your normal diet, but please do your best to focus on eating more real foods in their natural state and decrease eating processed foods.
A Few Words on Lemonade and Tooth Enamel
Some of my clients have made drinking this lemonade a daily habit, especially first thing in the morning. If you are drinking lemonade every day or feel sensitivity in your gums and teeth when drinking it, please take note of the points below.
- Use a straw because it sends the juice to the back of your mouth, away from your teeth.
- As soon as you finish your lemonade, rinse your mouth with tap water. This normalizes your saliva, which helps to remineralize your enamel.
- Wait an hour before you brush your teeth. Acids soften the enamel, and brushing softened enamel can damage it.
Can I Lose Weight Just Drinking this Lemonade?
You certainly can. I have even used this as a 1 day fast when I felt good and just wanted to give my body a day of rest from digesting heavier foods. Give it a shot if it resonates with you. This lemonade fast can be done for 1, 2, 3 or up to 10 days easily.